Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2011-11-01 I had a talk with my advisor

Hi, Ben,

How are you doing today?

I think you must be very lonely, for nobody will come to see you. Well, I feel honored to be the only person to talk to you. Again.

Well, PhD life is filled with difficulties, indeed. For a thousand times, I thought to quite this stressful life, but as you can guess, actually I did not do it.

For a long time, I know myself well and know exactly why I am here and what I want. But things are not always going as what you have scheduled, but sometimes life will go randomly. I mean some unexpected will happen to you, which you would never thought before.

Anyway, that is what I wanna tell you today.

You know I mentioned to you yesterday that the class schedule is stupid in my department. In the fall semester, I have to take at least four courses. Well, this should be the last straw that breaks the camel's back. Finally, I thought myself could not stand all this unclear pressure.

Fortunately, I had a talk with my advisor. He is so nice, so nice, so nice!!!!!!! I feel glad that my choice is correct. I choose him and become his student and he is so nice to me. I believe he understands quite well about my situations and my feelings which I can not understand well myself. That's the thing, for years I have tried my best to know about myself, what my advantages and disadvantages, what I want and expect, and what is the truth lying in the life. I chose to be a PhD and I am a would-be PhD.

Anyway, I will get a new start tomorrow. And keep fighting!

So, that's all, Ben.

Good night~

No comments:

Post a Comment